Award: Associate of Applied Sciences Degree
For more information: Contact David Antol, 443-412-2472, email@example.com; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
This program prepares students for employment in a variety
of industries that use technicians or technology specialists
to support engineering staff. A strong emphasis is placed
on applications, problem solving, critical thinking, and
communication skills. Upon graduation, students will be
able to use these skills to, organize,
and carry out engineering technology projects. Graduates
of this program will demonstrate knowledge of CADD, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, blueprint reading, and mechanics. Engineering and science courses are important parts of this program.
Upon successful completion of this program of study students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate communications skills to work independently and collaboratively within an organization to promote the goals and objectives of the work unit.
- Recognize how to facilitate successful completion of technical projects.
- Demonstrate competency in using technical tools, technology, methods, and processes.
- Recognize professional and ethical behavior.
- Apply problem solving skills to technical problems.
Governments, businesses, organizations, and private
contractors connected to engineering research and technology
fields recognize an ongoing need for skilled/trained engineering
technicians and technologists. The U.S. Department of Labor
reports that opportunities for engineering technicians will be
best for individuals with an associate degree or extensive
job training in engineering technology. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-2017 Edition, overall employment
of engineering technicians and technologists is expected
to be 136,000 by 2024. A wide variety of job opportunities exist
in manufacturing, electronics, production and processing,
operations, and research and development.
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|
Recommended Course Sequence