Award: Associate of Arts Degree
For more information: Contact Dr. Richard Johnson, 443-412-2649, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Janice Mahinka, 443-412-2290, email@example.com; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
This program provides a variety of opportunities and courses
for students who wish to study music either as preparation for
a profession in one of many career fields or for personal
Upon completion of the Associate of Arts in Music degree students will be able to:
- Successfully transfer to a four-year institution.
- Perform on a major instrument or voice with an evolved and informed aesthetic.
- Evaluate historical perspectives of music.
- Demonstrate proficiency in theoretical concepts.
Although this program meets the first two years of
requirements for music majors at most Maryland colleges,
students who plan to transfer should check the requirements
of the receiving institution. To facilitate transfer, students
should consult with music faculty early in their studies
Music students have several other career options in addition to teaching and performance careers, particularly if they combine their music major with courses in another field.
There are employment possibilities in therapy, music
management, booking agencies, sales, television, music
libraries, recording and sound engineering, as well as
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|
Recommended Course Sequence
* Students preparing to transfer to a 4-year Music Education program should take EDUC 101: Introduction to Education as their first-semester General Elective and PSY 101: General Psychology as their fourth-semester Behavioral/Social Science Elective. (Students may also take EDUC 217: Introduction to Special Education in addition to the above classes if they seek more experience in the classroom.)
** As advised for transfer or your personal interest.
*** As advised for transfer.
# Choose from MUS 127-174 or MUS 227-274
## Choose from MUS 105-114 or MUS 118-121 or MUS 124-125
or MUS 185-188
### Choose from MUS 205-214 or MUS 218-221 or MUS 224-225 or MUS 285-288
FIELD TRIP STATEMENT
Courses in this program may require field trips.