Award: Associate of Arts Degree
For more information: Contact Dr. Stephanie Hallock
443-412-2262, email@example.com; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
This area of concentration is designed primarily to prepare students for
transfer to baccalaureate programs with majors in
Upon completion of the AA in Political Science, students will be able to:
- Analyze current issues/events through historical and contextual lenses.
- Construct personal political opinions supported with relevant evidence, and express them in cogent and compelling written and oral formats.
- Evaluate the connection between themselves and the communities in which they live (local, national and global).
- Participate effectively in the democratic process.
- Perform successfully in a baccalaureate program.
Liberal arts colleges and universities typically offer
Political Science as a major. The political science courses at
Harford are accepted for transfer to Maryland colleges and
universities and to public and private institutions nationwide.
The Political Science program prepares students for careers in
government, law, urban planning, teaching, foreign service and
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|
Recommended Course Sequence
*A four credit Biological/Physical Science Lab course may be substituted.
**A four credit course in mathematics may be substituted. MATH 216: Statistics is highly recommended.
***It is recommended that students choose general elective courses that best meet the degree requirements of the receiving institution.