Award: Teacher Education Secondary Certificate
For more information: Contact Prof. Sheila Allen, 443-412-2192, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
The Teacher Education Certificate is awarded by Harford Community College and does not constitute a certificate issued by the Maryland State Department of Education. It is primarily designed for provisional teachers seeking secondary certification. Persons who already have a Bachelor's degree in an area other than education and wish to become certified teachers in Maryland may take the courses but will still need to acquire an experiential component before an initial teaching certificate is awarded by the State of Maryland.
- All certification areas require documented teaching experience before an initial certification is awarded.
- Most certification areas require Maryland passing scores on the Praxis II: Subject Assessments.
- Additional professional education courses may be required in some certification areas.
- All certification areas require a Bachelor's or higher degree and /or a required number of credits on the certification content area.
Content Mastery or Secondary (N-12) and (7-12)
The following list displays the professional education courses required by the Maryland State Department of Education to attain certification. Harford Community College course equivalents are shown next to the state requirements. More information about Maryland teaching certification can be found at the Maryland State Department of Education's web site: http://www.msde.state.md.us.
Professional Education Courses for Maryland
Program Level - Undergraduate certificate
Program Length – 1.5 years
Occupations:Secondary School Teacher
CIP Code: 13.1205
SOC Code: 25-2031.00
Link to O*Net: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/25-2031.00
*How much will this program cost me?
In-State (in-county) Tuition and fees: $3,266.00
Out-of-State Tuition and fees: $5,167.00
Books and supplies: $690.00
On-campus room & board: not offered
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is
Federal loans: *
Private education loans: *
Institutional financing plan: *
* Less than 10 graduates received loans. Median amounts are withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the loan recipients.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 18 months to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2016-2017, *% finished in 18 months.
*Less than 10 students completed this program in 2016-2017. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
The job placement rate for students who completed this program in 2016-2017 is *%.
* This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Template: