Award: Certificate in Business Management
For more information: Contact Miriam Huddleston, 443-412-2426, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
This Business Management Human Resources Certificate is designed to enable students to obtain knowledge, skills, and competencies in the challenging business field of Human Resources.
Students completing the certificate in Human Resources are able to combine the credits earned to complete an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree to satisfy their individual career goals.
Upon successful completion of this program of study students will be able to:
- Detail laws specific to and governing the hiring process, the promotion process and training within organizations and businesses.
- Identify the various theories of management and their possible impact on employee production and morale.
- Detail the systematic approaches to improving individual and organizational performance.
- Develop skills and use metrics to align human resource goals, budgets, and outcomes with organizational mission.
- Prepare for Associate of Applied Sciences (A.A.S.) degree in Business Management.
The Business Management Human Resources program prepares students for a human resources career by providing comprehensive human resources knowledge for today's rapidly changing business environment. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment is expected to 7% and add 39,000 jobs through 2026 for all human resources, training, and labor relations managers and specialists occupations.
Students earning a certificate from HCC must complete or demonstrate exemption from the following courses: ENG 003 and ENG 012, or ENG 018, and MATH 020. See graduation requirement details in this catalog for further information.
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|