Award: Certificate in Business Management
For more information: Contact Miriam Huddleston, 443-412-2426, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
This Business Management Human Resources Certificate is designed to enable students to obtain knowledge, skills, and competencies in the challenging business field of Human Resources.
Students completing the certificate in Human Resources are able to combine the credits earned to complete an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree to satisfy their individual career goals.
Upon successful completion of this program of study students will be able to:
- Detail laws specific to and governing the hiring process, the promotion process and training within organizations and businesses.
- Identify the various theories of management and their possible impact on employee production and morale.
- Detail the systematic approaches to improving individual and organizational performance.
- Develop skills and use metrics to align human resource goals, budgets, and outcomes with organizational mission.
- Prepare for Associate of Applied Sciences (A.A.S.) degree in Business Management.
The Business Management Human Resources program prepares students for a human resources career by providing comprehensive human resources knowledge for today's rapidly changing business environment. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment is expected to 7% and add 39,000 jobs through 2026 for all human resources, training, and labor relations managers and specialists occupations.
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|
Students earning a certificate from HCC must complete or demonstrate exemption from the following courses: ENG 003 and ENG 012, or ENG 018, and MATH 020. See graduation requirement details in this catalog for further information.
Business Management – Human Resources
Program Level - Undergraduate certificate
Program Length – 1 year
Occupations: Human Resources Specialists
CIP Code: 52.1001
Link to O*Net: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/13-1071.00
*How much will this program cost me?
In-State (in-county) Tuition and fees: $3,992.00
Out-of-State Tuition and fees: $6,165.00
Books and supplies: $1,620.00
On-campus room & board: not offered
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is
Federal loans: *
Private education loans: *
Institutional financing plan: *
* Less than 10 graduates received loans. Median amounts are withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the loan recipients.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 18 months to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2016-2017, *% finished in 18 months.
*Less than 10 students completed this program in 2016-2017. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
The job placement rate for students who completed this program in 2016-2017 is *%.
* This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Template: