Award: Certificate in Business Management
For more information: Contact Miriam Huddleston, 443-412-2426, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
The Business Management Marketing Certificate prepares students for employment in entry level marketing positions. The certificate enables students to obtain knowledge, skills, and competencies in the challenging business field of Marketing.
Students who complete this certificate have the option of incorporating these 24 credits into an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Business Management degree to satisfy their individual career goals.
Upon successful completion of this certificate program of study students will be able to:
- Examine different types of marketing mix components used in businesses and organizations.
- Identify trends in the market place and identify opportunities for creating value for customers through marketing strategies.
- Use information technology applications to develop business solutions related to marketing.
- Demonstrate marketing problem-solving skills in business decision making.
- Prepare for Associate of Applied Sciences (A.A.S.) degree in Business Management.
Employment opportunities in the marketing field include professional selling, retail sales and management, advertising, public relations and marketing management. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment in the field of advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers is expected to grow 10% and add nearly 24,000 jobs through 2026.
Entry level position availability in the field is promising as major retailers are slated to provide the county with more than 1,000 new jobs. Minimum standards and employment competition are higher for supervisory positions in marketing.
Students earning a certificate from HCC must complete or demonstrate exemption from the following courses: ENG 003 and ENG 012, or ENG 018, and MATH 020. See graduation requirement details in this catalog for further information.
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|