Award: Certificate in Business Administration
For more information: Contact Miriam Huddleston, 443-412-2426, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Admissions, 443-412-2109.
|No. of credits required: |
The Business Administration Lower-Level Certificate is
designed for students who have completed a bachelorís
degree in a field other than business administration. As
such, this certificate is intended to provide students with
a business administration foundation which will prepare
them for many federal government management and
administrative positions. Although some of the courses
in this certificate may transfer into the A.S. Business
Administration and A.A.S. Business Management degrees,
the purpose of this certificate is to provide the necessary
additional business administration courses which will
enable students to meet federal government management
and administrative related position requirements.
Upon successful completion of this program of study, students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate communications skills to work independently and collaboratively within an organization to promote the goals and objectives of the work unit.
- Recognize how to facilitate successful completion of technical projects.
- Demonstrate competency in using technical tools, technology, methods, and processes.
- Recognize professional and ethical behavior.
- Apply problem solving skills to technical problems.
Numerous federal government and Department of Defense administrative/business, contracting, administrative assistant and information technology positions will
require a bachelorís degree, including 24 credit hours in
Students earning a certificate from HCC must complete or demonstrate exemption from the following courses: ENG 003 and ENG 012, or ENG 018, and MATH 020. See graduation requirement details in this catalog for further information.
Note: The following codes identify courses which satisfy the General Education Degree Requirements:|