Award: Associate of Arts Degree – Option in Arts and Sciences
For more information: Contact Dean Hathaway,
443-412-2401, firstname.lastname@example.org; or academic advising,
|No. of credits required: |
This curriculum is designed for students in the arts and
sciences who plan to transfer to a baccalaureate degree
institution for their upper division major. The core courses
provide a foundation in academic writing and literary studies.
Upon completion of the English program, students will be able to:
- Collect, evaluate, use, and document research from a variety of sources for various purposes, including the construction of an argument.
- Produce presentations and documents that are clear, concise, substantive, and grammatically standard.
- Recognize, identify, and evaluate major literary techniques, terms, and trends.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness through writing, speaking, and literary analysis.
Students should be
aware that each transfer institution has unique curricular
requirements. Certain transfer institutions, for example,
may require foreign languages. To facilitate transfer, students
should consult with an academic advisor early in their studies
at HCC and before selecting elective courses.
An English degree provides an excellent basis for a wide
variety of careers in law, education, business and politics,
and the expanding fields in technology.
Recommended Course Sequence
* Must complete sequence HIST 101-102 or HIST 103-104.
** As advised for transfer.
*** Refer to Other Elective Options under Academic Information in the catalog.